Office 2019 for Windows and Mac is now available free of charge to MIT faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students through MIT's Microsoft Campus Agreement (MSCA). It is downloadable from the software grid maintained by Information Systems and Technology (IS&T).
Office 2019 includes updated versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The Windows version also includes Publisher, Access, OneDrive, and Skype. Key new features include a language translator; an accessibility checker; the ability to insert and rotate 3D models and to make animated transitions across slides; and precision selecting in Excel.
- Microsoft is recommending that users install 64-bit Office as the default; however, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available on the software grid.
- Office 2019 for Windows is supported on computers running Windows 10. Windows 7 and 8.1 users should continue to use an older version of Office.
- Release notes for Windows Desktop users (What’s New in Office 2019) are available online.
- Office 2019 for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS (macOS 10.12 and higher). Machines with macOS 10.11 or earlier should continue to use an older version of Office.
- Release notes for Mac users (What’s New in Office 2019) are available online.
If you have questions about installing or using Microsoft Office 2019, please contact the IS&T Service Desk.