FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced is available via request to MIT faculty and staff for use on MIT-owned machines only.
FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced is recommended for advanced users who need to perform developer or administrative tasks in the database and who have developer or database administrative skills or responsibilities.
FileMaker Pro 15 is suitable and is the recommended version for most users at MIT.
How to Obtain
Request FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced (MIT faculty or staff certificate required)
You will receive an email with your activation key within a few days of submitting the form.
Note: Not yet compatible with macOS Sierra (10.12).
MIT's license does not include FileMaker Go and WebDirect connections to FileMaker Server.
- Any DLC interested in using FileMaker Go or WebDirect to connect to their hosted database(s) should contact email@example.com.
- FileMaker Pro 15 Solutions only work with FileMaker 15, 14, 13, and 12 software.
- Solutions from FileMaker Pro 11 and earlier must be converted to the latest file format to be opened or shared with FileMaker Pro 15 and FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced.
Storing data and security in FileMaker
If not properly configured and housed, the FileMaker files you work with may be at risk for security breaches.
- New features in FileMaker Pro 15
- FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced includes all the features of FileMaker Pro 15 plus a suite of advanced development and customization tools.
- FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced technical specifications