FileMaker Server 15 is available via request to MIT faculty and staff for use on MIT-owned machines only.
MIT's license does not include FileMaker Go and WebDirect connections to FileMaker Server.
- Any DLC interested in using FileMaker Go or WebDirect to connect to their hosted database(s) should contact email@example.com.
- For those without server administration skills or resources, we strongly recommend using IS&T Managed Server Services.
- FileMaker Server 15 has a limited number of licenses available, therefore this request is for the use of one license.
- You may not share these applications or licenses.
Data security and storage in FileMaker
If not properly configured, your FileMaker hosting environment may be at risk for security breaches. Refer to all recommendations below for securing your FileMaker application.
- Best practices for FileMaker hosting at MIT
- Install a custom SSL certificate
- Storing data in FileMaker at MIT
- FileMaker security guidelines
How to Obtain
To help maintain a secure computing environment at MIT, single licenses are available by request to MIT faculty and staff for use on MIT-owned machines only.
Request FileMaker Server 15 (MIT certificate required)
You will receive an email with your activation key within a few days of submitting the form.
Note: Not yet compatible with macOS Sierra (10.12).
Note: FileMaker Pro 15 databases only work with FileMaker Pro version 12 and later. Files from earlier versions must be converted to be compatible with FM 15. Documentation shown here regarding conversions for use with FileMaker 15 will help. Learn more about the conversion process.