FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced is available, via request, to MIT faculty and staff for use on MIT-owned machines only.
FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced is recommended for advanced users who need to perform developer or administrative tasks in the database and who have developer or database administrative skills or responsibilities.
FileMaker Pro 16 is suitable and is the recommended version for most users at MIT.
How to Obtain
Request FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced (MIT faculty or staff certificate required)
You will receive an email with your activation key within a few days of submitting the form.
- MIT's license does not include FileMaker Go and WebDirect connections to FileMaker Server.
- FileMaker Pro 16 Solutions only work with FileMaker versions 12 through 16.
- Solutions from FileMaker Pro 11 and earlier must be converted to the latest file format to be opened or shared with FileMaker Pro 16 and FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced.
Storing data and security in FileMaker
If not properly configured and housed, the FileMaker files you work with may be at risk for security breaches.
- New features in FileMaker Pro 16
- FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced includes all the features of FileMaker Pro 16 plus a suite of advanced development and customization tools.
- FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced technical specifications