- Extended Support Release (ESR) designed for Companies and Educational Institutions for increased internal support and access to MIT Systems
- Improved performance, stability, and page rendering;
- New security features;
- Better integration with Linux, Mac, and Windows interfaces and widgets
Note: Due to the way Firefox saves usernames and passwords for visited websites, IS&T strongly advises that you set a master password to protect your certificates and any stored passwords. During the process of getting a new personal certificate, an Alert message will appear about keeping a backup copy of the certificate on your system. It is not necessary for you to backup your personal certificate locally.
Note: Installing Firefox 17 ESR will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox. Bookmarks or browsing history will not be lost, but some extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are available.
- Processor: Pentium 500 MHz or greater
- Operating system: Windows Vista/XP/7/8
- Memory: 512 MB
- Disk space: 200 MB