The systems listed below are the recommended desktop computers. For assistance with selecting a model to meet your particular needs, contact a presales consultant (617-253-1101).
The models, configurations, and prices are subject to change based on manufacturer's availability.
In the listings below, the model name and price for each system are valid as of March 28, 2013.
For purchasing information, see Hardware Recommendations.
- 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 1920-by-1080 resolution
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - (2x4GB)
- 1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory
- Optional external Superdrive
- Four USB 3 ports
- Two Thunderbolt port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet / 802.11n WLAN
- Mini DisplayPort output
- FaceTime HD camera
- Apple mouse
- Apple keyboard with numeric keypad (English) and user's guide
- Accessory kit
- Mac OS X 10.8
- Includes AppleCare extended 3 year limited warranty
eCAT price for personal purchase: $970
To purchase: Go to the Dell online catalog. You will see the MIT configurations on the Dell page for personal purchases.
MIT personal certificate required.
- i7-3770 (Quad Core, 3.40GHz, 8MB w/HD4000 Graphics)
- 8GB, NON-ECC, 1600MHZ DDR3,2DIMM
- 500GB 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s with 16MB DataBurst cache
- 16x DVD±RW drive
- 1GB AMD RADEON HD 7470,LP w/VGA
- Dell MS111 USB optical mouse
- Dell KB212-B USB 104 Quiet Key keyboard (English)
- Up to 90% efficient power supply
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- 3 Year Basic Hardware Service with 3 Year NBD limited onsite service after remote diagnosis