The systems listed below are the recommended desktop computers. For assistance with selecting a model to meet your particular needs, contact a presales consultant (617-253-1101).
The models, configurations, and prices are subject to change based on manufacturer's availability.
For purchasing information, see Hardware Recommendations.
- 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
- 1920-by-1080 resolution
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - (2x4GB)
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- Intel Iris Pro graphics
- Optional external Superdrive
- Four USB 3 ports
- Two Thunderbolt port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet / 802.11n WLAN
- FaceTime HD camera
- Apple mouse
- Apple keyboard with numeric keypad (English) and user's guide
- Accessory kit
- Mac OS X 10.9
- Includes AppleCare extended 3 year limited warranty
eCAT price for personal purchase: $970
To purchase: Go to the Dell online catalog. You will see the MIT configurations on the Dell page for personal purchases.
MIT personal certificate required.
- i7-3770 (Quad Core, 3.40GHz, 8MB w/HD4000 Graphics)
- 8GB, NON-ECC, 1600MHZ DDR3,2DIMM
- 500GB 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s with 16MB DataBurst cache
- 16x DVD±RW drive
- 1GB AMD RADEON HD 7470,LP w/VGA
- Dell MS111 USB optical mouse
- Dell KB212-B USB 104 Quiet Key keyboard (English)
- Up to 90% efficient power supply
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- 3 Year Basic Hardware Service with 3 Year NBD limited onsite service after remote diagnosis