One way to save paper and its costs, and to help the environment, is by specifying duplex printing whenever possible. (Duplex: AKA two-sided or double-sided printing.) The links below provide details on determining if your printer does duplex; how to set up duplex printing in MIT-supported operating systems; and other paper-saving measures.
- Q: How can I tell if my printer can handle duplex printing?
- Student Printing at MIT (Print Smarter): Duplex printing from Athena; how to eliminate header pages
- Answers to common questions about printing on Athena
- Mac OS X: Duplex Printing: Create a preset, or specify for a single job
- Windows XP Double-sided Printing Instructions: Specify duplex printing for a single job, or set as the default
- Windows Vista Duplex Printing: Specify duplex printing as the default