Information Services and Technology (IS&T) now supports for Cisco's AnyConnect ICS+ app on Android devices running Android OS 4.x+. This version of the Cisco AnyConnect ICS+ app does not require your Android device to be "rooted" and can be downloaded directly to your device via Google's Play store.
This version of Cisco AnyConnect ICS+ app does come with some device compatibility exceptions, some functionality issues, and a few feature limitations.
Android 4.x, with the following exceptions:
- ASUS Transformer TF-201 before version 4.0.3
- Archos G9 before version 4.0.5
- All Sony devices - TUN network services missing
- When reconnecting, an unwanted noise or vibration occurs. This was addressed by Google in Android 4.0.3+.
- The AnyConnect icon in the notification tray is unusually large. This is a limitation with the VPN Framework.
- Some freezes are known to occur on the Diagnostics screen.
- If root is available, deny the 'su' requests for standard features.
The following features are not supported using this package:
- Filter support
- Trusted network detection
- Split exclude
- Local LAN exception
- Secure gateway web portal (inaccessible when tunneled)
Setup and Support
Instructions for setting up the Cisco AnyConnect ICS+ app on your Android 4.x+ device can be found in The Knowledge Base under How to install MIT VPN via Cisco AnyConnect App on Android 4.x+. It is important to note that IS&T does not maintain this application. Future updates from Cisco to their AnyConnect ICS+ app may break or change the current setup. IS&T will update the documentation to address any changes that occur.