Information needed to activate or renew your MATLAB license
- License number and activation key (MIT faculty or staff certificate required)
- you will need to the obtain the license number and activation key above.
- An internet connection is required for installation and activation.
- We recommend a direct connection to MITnet, or another network connection capable of at least 10Mbit download speeds as a full MATLAB installation is 5GB
- How do I renew my existing MATLAB license?
- Installing MATLAB to run off the Central (Athena) License Server
|Toolboxes included in your MIT license (new toolboxes are bold)|
- MathWorks products are restricted to use in support of classroom instruction and research activities of students, teaching faculty and staff, and research staff. The right to use the Programs for any other purposes, including commercial purposes, is expressly prohibited.
- The license negotiated with MathWorks enables IS&T to distribute licenses to MIT faculty and staff on MIT-owned machines or personal machines for academic use.
- Lincoln Lab and MIT Investment Company employees are not allowed to use MATLAB under this license agreement
- Student MATLAB articles in the MIT Knowledge Base.
For all technical help contact Mathworks Technical Support directly for further assistance.
- MathWorks Support website
- (508) 647-7000 (Monday - Friday 8:30AM-8:00PM EST)
- Note: Have your license number ready when contacting technical support.
- For all licensing questions contact the Software Distribution Team.