Visit the supplier websites or contact the supplier representatives listed below to make personal purchases using your personal credit card. MIT is not responsible for any personal purchases.
MIT fully supports the use of Apple® technology and is here to assist students, parents, faculty, and staff purchase technology that will help you succeed during your academic career and beyond.
At MIT, shopping on the Apple Site is a great way to take advantage of education pricing on Mac® computers, Apple software, and select accessories. It's also an easy way to purchase iPad®, Apple Watch®, or iPhone® and gives you customization and personalization options.
Shop Apple online 24/7 and get free delivery right to your door. You can also choose to pick up your order at a local Apple Store.
For assistance with selecting a laptop, contact the Service Desk (617-253-1101).
The models, configurations, and prices are subject to change based on manufacturer's availability. Watch this page for updates, and check vendor websites for the latest information.
For purchasing information, see Hardware Recommendations.
|13" MacBook Air||13" Retina MacBook Pro||15" Retina MacBook Pro|
|Estimated cost, Buy2Pay (B2P) price: $1584||Estimated cost, B2P price: $2195||Estimated cost, B2P price: $2494|
|Personal purchase B2P price: $1600|
AppleCare Protection Plan
All Apple hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. To extend your coverage further, purchase the AppleCare® Protection Plan or AppleCare+. Purchase Apple Care with your Mac and save with Apple Education Pricing
Please note that Apple has available the just replaced models at slightly lower prices.
Before making a personal purchase
Review the following guidelines:
- You may not use the Institute’s tax-exempt number when making personal purchases—in fact, use of an institutional tax-exempt number to make personal purchases is prohibited under Massachusetts law.
- You may not add personal items to a purchase order that includes official MIT purchases. For example, you cannot purchase 10 reams of paper for personal use included with an MIT order of 50 cases.
- You may not charge personal items to the MIT ProCard.
How to purchase
To purchase personal Apple computers at MIT discounted prices:
- Shop with education pricing.
- Select your computer and configure as needed.
To purchase MIT-owned Apple computers at MIT discounted prices: