Visit the supplier websites or contact the supplier representatives listed below to make personal purchases using your personal credit card. MIT is not responsible for any personal purchases.
MIT fully supports the use of Dell computers and is here to assist students, parents, faculty, and staff purchase technology that will help you succeed during your academic career and beyond.
IS&T recommends the following computers for purchase by the MIT community.
- Faculty and staff: MIT-owned purchases: MIT Buy2Pay (B2P) (Certificates required); Personal purchases.
- Students: Once you've decided on your computer, go to the vendor’s online education store in order to get the proper educational discounts applied to your purchase.
Models, configurations, and prices are subject to change based on manufacturer's availability.
For purchasing information, see Hardware Recommendations.
|12.5" Latitude E7280 Ultrabook||14" Latitude E7480 Ultrabook||15.6" Latitude 5580|
|Estimated Buy2Pay (B2P) price: $1502||Estimated B2P price: $1524||Estimated B2P price: $1699|
|Optiplex 7050 SFF|
|Estimated B2P price: $1152|
Before making a personal purchase
Review the following guidelines:
- You may not use the Institute’s tax-exempt number when making personal purchases—in fact, use of an institutional tax-exempt number to make personal purchases is prohibited under Massachusetts law.
- You may not add personal items to a purchase order that includes official MIT purchases. For example, you cannot purchase 10 reams of paper for personal use included with an MIT order of 50 cases.
- You may not charge personal items to the MIT ProCard.
Make a purchase
Note: Make sure you have an MIT personal certificate on the computer you are placing the order from.
To purchase personal Dell computers at MIT discounted prices:
- Go to the MIT Buy2Pay (B2P) website.
- Select your computer and configure as needed.
- Contact your Dell representative.