The IS&T Service Desk assists the MIT community with computing needs analysis and purchasing advice.
Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates
Benefits and key features
- IS&T makes hardware recommendations based on the kind of work you do and the kind of portability you need. We make it easy to find the right machine.
- We also provide general guidelines for computer purchases and minimum requirements to help you evaluate the usefulness of an existing computer.
- See our recommended Apple, Dell, and Lenovo configurations.
- Faculty and staff: MIT-owned purchases: MIT Buy2Pay (B2P) (Certificates required); Personal purchases.
- Students: Once you've decided on your computer, go to the vendor’s online education store in order to get the proper educational discounts applied to your purchase.
Contact us for help with buying a computer:
- In person: Building E17, 9-5, M-F
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-253-1101 (x3-1101), 9-5, M-F