IS&T's Distributed IT Resources (DITR) team contracts with Departments, Labs, and Centers (DLCs) for long-term and short-term support contracts for the local computing environment.
- We support both Windows and Macintosh desktops/laptops and mobile devices.
- We partner with DLCs and facilitate the use of the computing environment as an aid to your work.
Long-term service level agreements (SLAs)
Per-user support model
- Maintain a properly functioning computing environment in the DLC, in cooperation with the Departmental Liaison. This will involve general troubleshooting of the hardware and software problems that arise within the Department’s defined area of operation, Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
- Work closely with the Liaison to plan for events such as new employee arrival, assisting new employees with accessing the network, getting certificates, connecting to printers, employee departure, and changes to the computing environment
- Upgrade customers, as needed, to the approved MIT versions of software.
- Assist with implementing enterprise solutions, such as Exchange migrations, departmental moves, and large software deploys.
- The rate for fiscal year 2013 is set at $660 per user per year.
Hourly model (existing customers only)
- Contracts between DITR and a DLC to provide a consistent schedule of computing support for a fiscal year.
Contracts can be 4, 8, 12, 16+ hours per week divided into four-hour blocks of time.
- E.g., A department may contract for eight hours per week, divided into four hours on Wednesdays from 8AM to 12PM and four hours on Fridays from 1PM to 5PM. Emergency support is available outside of the DLC’s contracted hours provided a consultant is available.
- Assist with implementing enterprise solutions, e.g., Exchange migrations, departmental moves, large software deploys.
- The fiscal year 2013 rate is $11,550 per year for each four-hour block per week.
All long-term SLAs are based upon the fiscal year and will be pro-rated if the starting date for the contract is a date other than July 1.
Short-term SLAs support a specific project or computer service request of limited duration, e.g., setup of a new computer, virus/malware removal, visitor and special event support. Prior to an agreement, DITR will consult with you to assess the project and provide an accurate estimate of the resources required. This service is charged at a per-hour basis and will be acted upon in an as soon as possible time frame.
The rate for fiscal year 2013 is $63 per hour.
Contact DITR at: