Create professional-quality documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite. Familiar applications like Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Mac 2011 help you take your ideas further.
- Microsoft Office 2010: system requirements
- Note: Your installation of Microsoft Office needs to check in with MIT’s license server at least once every 180 days to remain operational, via the MIT network. If you are running Microsoft Office from off-campus, you must be connected to the MIT network via Cisco VPN.
How to obtain
MIT departments may install this software on any MIT owned computer, provided that it will only be used by current MIT students, staff or faculty for MIT purposes only.
Students, faculty, and staff has the additional right to install the software on a personally owned machine to be used for MIT purposes.
Students may also run an additional virtualized copy of MS Office.
- Office 2010 Professional 32-bit: Campus Agreement and Download (MIT certificate required)
Office 2010 Professional 64-bit (MIT certificate required)
- Note: Both Microsoft and IS&T strongly recommend using the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office on ALL computers running the Windows operating systems, regardless of whether the Windows OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Installation Instructions
- Q: Should I install the 32- or 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010?
- Q: Did my Office 2010 license successfully activate?
- Activation Troubleshooting