Important: In order to install Office 2010, first unzip the contents of the office2010.zip file into a separate folder and run the setup-MIT.cmd.
IS&T supports Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Word 2010. We do not support Access, InfoPath, OneNote, Publisher, or SharePoint from the Office 2010 suite of products.
Note: Your installation of Microsoft Office needs to check in with MIT’s license server at least once every 180 days to remain operational, via the MIT network. If you are running Microsoft Office from off-campus, you must be connected to the MIT network via Cisco VPN.
How to obtain
Faculty and staff
MIT departments, faculty, and staff may install this software on any MIT-owned computer, provided that it will only be used by current MIT students, staff, or faculty for MIT purposes only. Additionally, each faculty and staff member is allowed to install one version of MS Office Professional on one personally owned machine, provided that the software will be used for MIT purposes only. For more information, and to download the Office 2010 32-bit installer, go to IS&T's Microsoft Campus Agreement for MS Office Professional download site.
Students are entitled to put one version of Microsoft Office Professional on a single personally owned machine. In addition, students may also run an additional virtualized copy of MS Office. For more information, and to download the installer, go to IS&T's Microsoft Campus Agreement for MS Office Professional download site.
- Processor: 1 GHz
- Operating system: Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with MSXML 6.0 installed, Windows Server 2008 or later (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). Terminal Server and Windows on Windows (WOW) (which allows installing 32-bit versions of Office 2010 on 64-bit operating systems) are supported
- Memory: 1 GB
- Disk space: 3.5 GB available disk space
- Additional requirements: Display: 1024X768 or higher resolution monitor
- Installation Instructions
- Q: Should I install the 32- or 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010?
- Q: Did my Office 2010 license successfully activate?
- Activation Troubleshooting