IS&T supports Excel/PowerPoint/Word 2011. We do not support Microsoft Messenger, Microsoft Communicator, Microsoft Document Connection (SharePoint integration), and Remote Desktop Connection.
IS&T will continue to provide support for Office for Mac 2008 and recommends that you check with your IT provider before installing Microsoft Office for Mac 2011.
- Updated ribbon interface, similar to Office 2007 and Office 2010 for Windows.
- Support for Visual Basic for Applications (engine 6.5).
- Expanded SharePoint integration (not supported by IS&T).
How to Obtain
Faculty & Staff
MIT departments, faculty, and staff may install this software on any MIT-owned computer, provided that it will only be used by current MIT students, staff, or faculty for MIT purposes only. Additionally, each faculty and staff member is allowed to install one version of MS Office Professional on one personally owned machine, provided that the software will be used for MIT purposes only. For more information, and to download the installer, go to IS&T's Microsoft Campus Agreement for MS Office Professional download site.
Students are entitled to put one version of Microsoft Office Professional on a single personally owned machine. In addition, students may also run an additional virtualized copy of MS Office. For more information, and to download the installer, go to IS&T's Microsoft Campus Agreement for MS Office Professional download site.
- Processor: Intel-based
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Memory: 512 MB
- Disk Space: 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- DVD drive or network connection if downloading the installer
- HFS+ hard disk format