Outlook for Mac 2011 is included in Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, the latest version of Microsoft's Office productivity suite for the Macintosh platform (Mac OS X).
- Completely updated mail and calendaring client, similar to Windows Outlook.
- Improved database using individual files for each item, improving backup and searching.
- Import .PST files (Unicode format only) from Windows Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010.
- Support for offline address book.
Outlook 2011 Crashes and Data Loss
Some Exchange users on Outlook 2011 for Mac have experienced database rebuilds, hangs, and crashes that can potentially lead to data loss from their Exchange account.
How to Obtain
Faculty and Staff
MIT departments, faculty, and staff may install this software on any MIT-owned computer, provided that it will only be used by current MIT students, staff, or faculty for MIT purposes only. Additionally, each faculty and staff member is allowed to install one version of MS Office Professional on one personally owned machine, provided that the software will be used for MIT purposes only. For more information, and to download the installer, go to IS&T's Microsoft Campus Agreement for MS Office Professional download site.
Students are entitled to put one version of Microsoft Office Professional on a single personally owned machine. In addition, students may also run an additional virtualized copy of MS Office. For more information, and to download the installer, go to IS&T's Microsoft Campus Agreement for MS Office Professional download site.
Our testing has shown that older systems may not be adequately able to run Microsoft Office for Mac 2011. Users of older systems may want to remain with Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac.
- Processor: Intel-based
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM or more
- Disk Space: 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- DVD drive or network connection if downloading the installer
- HFS+ hard disk format
- Exchange Calendaring Help Wizard
- Configure Outlook for Mac 2011 for MIT Exchange Service
- Configure Outlook for Mac 2011 for MIT IMAP email
- Using Outlook for Mac 2011 with Exchange
- Microsoft's Getting Started with Outlook for Mac 2011
- Q: How do I disable junk mail filtering in Outlook for Mac 2011?
- Q: How do I backup my Outlook for Mac 2011 email?