The Roles Database stores access rules (user authorizations) for applications like SAP, Data Warehouse, and the Graduate Admissions System, among others. Specially Authorized Departmental and Central Administrators use the web-based Roles Database application to view and manage user authorizations.
Benefits and key features
- Consistent way to store and maintain access rules for other applications
- Web-based access to the database - no need to install any special software
- No special Roles Database username and password required
- Authorizations are stored in the central database; use the front-end application to display, create, and modify
- Collects but does not enforce the access rules that it maintains - data is distributed to the appropriate applications, which in turn interpret and enforce the access rules
To create or maintain authorizations: