SnapGene is licensed for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students for educational and academic research only.
How to Obtain
License and Download
Vendor download (MIT certificate required)
Your group name and registration code should be auto-populated. If not, they can be found here.
Note: MIT's license requires that users log in from specified MIT networks or an MIT VPN connection using Cisco AnyConnect<.
- MIT's Prisma Access VPN does not support SnapGene's network-based license. IS&T is working with SnapGene to resolve this issue.
If you are not able to use AnyConnect and need access to the software you can register using a temporary Stay Safe license.
- This is a fully functional SnapGene license and does not require a connection to the VPN.
SnapGene is molecular biology software. It offers a fast and easy way to plan, visualize, and document your molecular biology procedures.
- Visualize ORFs, reading frames, and primer binding sites
- Automatically record the steps in a cloning project
- Share annotated sequence files with other researchers
- Learn more