SOLIDWORKS 2014 is licensed for use by MIT faculty and staff for academic and research purposes only.
- Files saved in either SOLIDWORKS 2015 or 2016 are not backwards compatible with earlier versions.
- Files saved in earlier versions of SOLIDWORKS can be opened and reviewed with later versions.
- SOLIDWORKS 2014 will not be able to open any files saved in either 2015 or 2016.
How to Obtain
Download (MIT certificate required)
Note: SOLIDWORKS 2014 is the final 32-bit release version and will not run on Windows 10.
In order to successfully install the software, you will need to:
- Download the zip file.
- Right click on the zip file and select Properties.
- On the General tab, select the Unblock option.
- Extract the zip file.
- Make sure you are either on MITnet directly or connected via VPN.
- Run Setup.exe.
Enter the Serial Number found below, replacing any prepopulated key.
SOLIDWORKS 2014: Serial Number & License Server (MIT certificate required).
- Enter the License Server information found in step 7.
- Why is the installation manager blank when I run Setup.exe?
- Why can't I see all the functions after installing?
- If you need to check out a license for longer than 30 days, contact Software Distribution.
SOLIDWORKS is solid modeling CAD (computer-aided design) software that only runs on Microsoft Windows.
- This license does not include Lincoln Lab, Broad Instituite, or Whitehead employees
- System requirements
- Windows 10 is not supported for SOLIDWORKS 2014
- Version 2014 is the final 32-bit release
|MIT-licensed SOLIDWORKS Premium components:|
Contact Software Distribution with questions about obtaining this software.