SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5 for 64-bit Windows is licensed for use by MIT faculty and staff for academic and research purposes only.
- Files saved in either SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5 or 2016 are not backwards compatible with earlier versions.
- Files saved in earlier versions of SOLIDWORKS can be opened and reviewed with later versions.
- SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5 will not be able to open any files saved in 2016.
How to Obtain
Click the Download button on this page (file size: 8.1 GB). (MIT certificate required)
Note: SOLIDWORKS 2014 was the final 32-bit release version.
- Download the zip file.
- Note: Windows versions prior to 10: You must use 7-zip or other unzip utility that can unzip large files. Windows unzip cannot correctly extract the files.
- Right click on the zip file and select Properties.
- On the General tab select the Unblock option.
- Extract the zip file.
- Make sure you are either on MITnet directly or connected via VPN.
- Run Setup.exe.
- Enter the Serial Number found below, replacing any prepopulated key: SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5: Faculty/Staff Serial Number & License Server (MIT certificate required).
- Enter the License Server information found in Step 7.
- Why is the installation manager blank when I run Setup.exe?
- Why can't I see all the functions after installing SOLIDWORKS?
- If you need to check out a license for longer than 30 days, contact Software Distribution.
SOLIDWORKS SP5 is solid modeling CAD (computer-aided design) software that runs on Microsoft Windows.
- This license does not include Lincoln Lab, Broad Instituite, or Whitehead employees.
- System requirements
- Windows 10 is supported
|MIT-licensed SOLIDWORKS Premium components:|
Contact Software Distribution with questions about obtaining this software.