SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5 for 64-bit Windows is licensed for use by MIT students for academic and research purposes only.
- Files saved in either SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5 or 2016 are not backwards compatible with earlier versions.
- Files saved in earlier versions of SOLIDWORKS can be opened and reviewed with later versions.
- SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5 will not be able to open any files saved in 2016.
How to Obtain
- Download the zip file.
- Right click on the zip file and select Properties.
- On the General tab select the Unblock option.
- Extract the zip file.
- Run Setup.exe.
- Enter the Student License Key: SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP5: Student License Key (MIT certificate required).
- SOLIDWORKS in the Knowledge Base
SOLIDWORKS is solid modeling CAD (computer-aided design) software that runs on Microsoft Windows.
- System requirements
- Windows 10 is supported
|MIT-licensed SOLIDWORKS Premium components:|
Students: Request SOLIDWORKS technical support