SOLIDWORKS 2017 for 64-bit Windows is licensed for use by MIT faculty and staff, not students, for academic and research purposes only.
- Files saved in SOLIDWORKS 2017 are not backwards compatible with earlier versions.
- Files saved in earlier versions of SOLIDWORKS can be opened and reviewed with later versions.
- Students using earlier releases of SOLIDWORKS will not be able to open any files saved in 2017.
How to Obtain
- Download the zip file.
- On Windows versions prior to 10 you must use 7-zip or other unzip utility that can unzip large files. Windows unzip cannot correctly extract the files.
- Extract the zip file.
- Make sure you are either on MITnet directly or connected via VPN.
- Run Setup.exe.
Enter the Serial Number found below, replacing any prepopulated key.
SOLIDWORKS 2017: Faculty/Staff Serial Number & License Server. (MIT certificate required)
- Enter the License Server information found in Step 5.
- Why is the installation manager blank when I run Setup.exe?
- Why can't I see all the functions after installing?
- Faculty and staff that need to check out a license for longer than 30 days should contact Software Distribution.
SOLIDWORKS is solid modeling CAD (computer-aided design) software that runs on Microsoft Windows.
- What's new in 2017?
- System requirements
- This license does not include Lincoln Lab, Broad Institute, or Whitehead employees.
- SOLIDWORKS 2014 is the last version to support 32-bit Windows.
- Windows 10 is supported.
|MIT-licensed SOLIDWORKS Premium components:|
Contact Software Distribution with questions about obtaining this software.