Stretch Break is available to MIT students, faculty, and staff.
How to obtain
Download (MIT certificate required)
- Mac: Download Stretch Break
- Windows Download Stretch Break
- Lincoln Lab: Available Software (Lincoln Lab certificate required)
Stretch Break is a typing break program from Para Technologies. The program reminds you to take periodic breaks from your computer and provides stretches and ergonomic information.
Users can customize and select:
- From 36 stretches and 21 ergonomic reminder messages
- The time interval between breaks (default is 30 minutes)
- Where the "Time to Stretch" reminder appears on their display
- Sounds or music during stretch period
Note: On some Macs, the music may not play during the Stretch session. If you encounter this problem, contact the IS&T Service Desk.
- Processor: Pentium
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.7 & 10.8, Windows 7 & 8
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM
- Disk space: 32 MB