Note: The TSM Desktop service is retired as of June 30, 2015. TSM is now accepting new registrations for server machine backups only. To back up your desktop or laptop, download and register for a CrashPlan account.
IS&T now offers TSM packaged as a TAR file, for Linux distributions not using Redhat Package Manager (RPM). If you're using debathena or Ubuntu, this may be your best option.
- Computer/processor: X86 based PC architecture (such as Pentium or later), or AMD64/EM64T processor
Operating system: (* - supported by Tivoli, ** - supported by IS&T)
- *SLES 9 and 10
- **Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Update 3 or later
- *Asianux 2.0
- Memory: 128 MB
- Disk space: 40 MB
- Java JRE 1.5 or 1.4.x (where x>=1)
- An internet connection (preferably a MITnet connection)
- Nodename and password. Register online or contact the Service Desk to register for TSM service.
- MIT account (SAP cost object) or (for student's only) personal MIT ID number for charging the monthly fee.
- TSM for debathena or Ubuntu - Install, configure, set up, and confirm the TSM Scheduler
- TSM for Linux - Install, configure, set up, and confirm the TSM Scheduler