TSM accepts new registrations for server machine backups only. To back up your desktop or laptop, download and register for a CrashPlan account.
How to Obtain
Click the Download button at the top of this page.
Note: IS&T offers TSM packaged as a TAR file for Linux distributions not using Redhat Package Manager (RPM). If you're using debathena or Ubuntu, this may be your best option.
- Register for a TSM account
- TSM for debathena or Ubuntu - Install, configure, set up, and confirm the TSM Scheduler
- TSM for Linux - Install, configure, set up, and confirm the TSM Scheduler
- Computer/processor: X86 based PC architecture (such as Pentium or later), or AMD64/EM64T processor
Operating system: (* - supported by Tivoli, ** - supported by IS&T)
- *SLES 9 and 10
- **Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Update 3 or later
- *Asianux 2.0
- Memory: 128 MB
- Disk space: 40 MB
- Java JRE 1.5 or 1.4.x (where x>=1)
- An internet connection (preferably a MITnet connection)
- Nodename and password. Register online or contact the Service Desk to register for TSM service.
- MIT account (SAP cost object) or (for student's only) personal MIT ID number for charging the monthly fee.