TSM 22.214.171.124 is available to MIT students, faculty, and staff for use on server machines only.
How to Obtain
TSM accepts new registrations for server machine backups only. To back up your desktop or laptop, download and register for a CrashPlan account.
Click the Download button at the top of this page.
IS&T has found that this application is not compatible with the Gatekeeper security feature in Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks). Learn how to temporarily disable Gatekeeper to allow for the installation of this application.
- Register for a TSM account
- TSM 6.x and newer for Mac OS X: Installation and configuration
- TSM 6 for Mac OS X: First-time login
- TSM 6 for Mac OS X: Set up and confirm scheduled backups
- TSM 6.x and newer for Mac OS X: Upgrade from a previous version
TSM 126.96.36.199 is the latest backup/archive client from IBM for the Mac platform.
- Since the release of version 7.1, TSM now uses a different method for configuring the TSM client for new user installations only. New users should follow the configuration process outlined in the Knowledge Base. Existing users can simply upgrade their existing installations.
- Time Machine backup data is excluded from TSM backup. IS&T does not support Time Machine at this time.
- Processor: Intel-based Mac
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.7 and later
- Memory: 128 MB
- Disk space: 100 MB
- Network connection
- MIT account (SAP cost object) or personal MIT ID number to be billed monthly
Nodename and password and TSM server address.
Note: Register online for TSM service or contact the IS&T Service Desk. An email will be sent to you with your TSM nodename, password, and TSM server address. These three items are needed when installing the TSM client software.