- On-access scan time
- On-demand scan time
- System startup time
- Caches previously scanned files in a common location to reduce duplicate file scanning and improve performance
ScriptScan exclusion support:
- ScriptScan exclusions
- URLs of trusted scripts from known safe websites can be easily added to reduce scanning and improve performance (available in ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 or later, and in the VirusScan Console). Previously, excluded URLs required manual registry editing.
Patches for existing installations of VirusScan 8.8
- Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7: McAfee recommends installing Patch 2 for existing installations of VirusScan Enterprise 8.8. See: Patch 2 Release Notes before installing.
- Windows 8: McAfee recommends installing Patch 3 for existing installations of VirusScan Enterprise 8.8. See: Patch 3 Release Notes before installing.
- Windows Office 2010: This release supports all Windows Office 2010 applications, specifically adding on-access scanning of Microsoft Outlook 2010 email and attachment files.
- Windows Office 2013: The Outlook 2013 Email Scan feature is not currently supported. No other VirusScan features are impacted by Office 2013 and are fully supported. See: Supported environments for VirusScan Enterprise on Microsoft Windows.
With the MIT installer, multiple daily updates are scheduled at 4AM, 11AM, 3PM, and 8PM. Daily scans are set to run at 5AM. You can adjust these times as described on the VirusScan Enterprise 8.x for Windows Change Time of Daily Updates page.
- Processor: Pentium or Celeron-based, 233 MHz minimum
- Operating system: XP Professional SP3/Vista/Windows 7/2000 Server/Server 2003/2008
- Memory: 256 MB
- Disk space: 450 MB
- Additional requirements: Administrator login required for installation
- VirusScan 8.x for Windows: Installation Instructions
- VirusScan Enterprise 8.x for Windows: Installation Instructions [PDF]