VMware Fusion is a desktop application that lets you create and run virtual machines on your Intel-based Macintosh.
How to obtain
This software is made available free of charge to authorized members of the MIT community.
- Processor: 64-bit capable Intel Mac (Compatible with Core 2 Duo, Xeon, i3, i5, i7 processors or better)
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later; OS X Lion or Mountain Lion recommended
- Memory: Minimum 2GB of RAM (4GB or more recommended)
- Disk space: 750MB free disk space for VMware Fusion and at least 5GB for each virtual machine
Recommended graphics hardware for Windows Aero support:
- NVIDIA 8600M or better
- ATI 2600 or better
- VMware Fusion 5.x for Macintosh: Installing or Upgrading
- VMware at MIT: Installing and Using Guest Operating Systems
- VMware's Guest Operating System Installation Guide