How to obtain
This is a preconfigured Windows 10 virtual machine created by IS&T in August 2019 and is designed for use only by MIT faculty and staff that need access to selected business applications.
- Lincoln Lab software portal (Lincoln Lab certificate required)
Downloads (MIT certificate required)
Download the Virtual Machine
Note: The VM download file is approximately 13 GB.
- Introduction to the Virtual Machine for Business Use
- IS&T Preconfigured Virtual Machines: Known Issues
- Virtualization Landing Page in the Knowledge Base
- VMware Printing
- VMware Security Recommendations and Best Practices
- Virtualization at MIT
- Important data should NOT be stored within the VM. There is no good mechanism for backing up data stored in the VM itself as standard troubleshooting practices will include downloading a new copy of the Virtual Machine.
Microsoft Outlook is provided for Exchange resource administration and complex Exchange calendaring needs.
- The Virtual Machine is configured to disallow the creation of local Outlook email folders, since there is no good mechanism for backups for local Outlook email folders.
- IS&T recommends Outlook for desktop and mobile use.
This is a preconfigured Windows 10 virtual machine created by IS&T and designed for MIT community members who need to access selected business applications. It contains the base VM configuration, mirroring, and the following selected business applications:
- Kerberos for Windows
- Oracle Client
- IXOS Viewer (Livelink Imaging)
- Adobe Reader
- Disk space: 13 GB to download, 20+ GB to extract and use
- Software: VMware Fusion Pro
- IS&T provides full support for use of BrioQuery and SAPgui, with IXOS, as installed in this VM.