This is a preconfigured Windows 7 virtual machine created by IS&T in Spring 2016 and designed for use only by MIT faculty and staff that need access to selected business applications.
How to obtain
Download (MIT certificate required)
Click the Download button on this page.
Note: The VM download file is very large, approximately 10 GB. Download times typically range from 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on the speed of your network connection to MIT. We do not recommend downloading via dialup.
- Introduction to the Virtual Machine for Business Use
- IS&T Preconfigured Virtual Machines: Known Issues
- Virtualization Landing Page in the Knowledge Base
- VMware Printing
- VMware Security Recommendations and Best Practices
- Virtualization at MIT
- Important data should NOT be stored within the VM. There is no good mechanism for backing up data stored in the VM itself as standard troubleshooting practices will include downloading a new copy of the Virtual Machine.
Microsoft Outlook is provided for Exchange resource administration and complex Exchange calendaring needs.
- The Virtual Machine is configured to disallow the creation of local Outlook email folders, since there is no good mechanism for backups for local Outlook email folders.
- Entourage and Apple Mail are the recommended Macintosh email clients.
This is a preconfigured Windows 7 virtual machine created by IS&T and designed for MIT community members who need to access selected business applications. It contains the base VM configuration, mirroring, and the following selected business applications:
- Kerberos for Windows
- Oracle Client
- IXOS Viewer (Livelink Imaging)
- Adobe Reader
- Disk space: 10 GB to download, 20+ GB to extract and use
- Software: VMware Fusion Pro
- IS&T provides full support for use of BrioQuery and SAPgui, with IXOS, as installed in this VM.