Windows 7 Enterprise is available for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students.
How to Obtain
- Click the Proceed to licensing button on this page (MIT Certificate required).
- IS&T recommends a clean install vs. an upgrade and will continue to support Windows 7 Enterprise. Migrating is a very involved process that requires a lot of preparation and planning.
- You can't upgrade from either the Home or Professional editions to Enterprise - a clean install is required.
- Be sure to activate your machine. MIT's license for Microsoft Windows is automatically activated by way of a KMS server on the MIT Network.
- Windows 7: Clean installation
- Set up with a static IP address
IS&T offers full support for 64-bit and 32-bit business class versions of Windows 7 including:
- Professional Edition
- Enterprise Edition: Available via free download through MIT's Microsoft Campus Agreement (MSCA). Click the Proceed to licensing button at the top of this page.
- Ultimate Edition: Support excludes the Media Center components.
Note: The Home edition can't be a member of the Windows domain.