FileMaker Pro is a cross-platform relational database application and a custom app creator.
How to Obtain
FileMaker Pro 16 is available to MIT faculty, staff, and students for use on personal and MIT-owned machines.
Download (MIT certificate required)
The FileMaker Pro 16 installation requires that you use the Activation Key below.
- Activation Key for FileMaker Pro 16 (MIT certificate required)
- FileMaker Pro 16: Installation instructions
- Uninstalling earlier versions of FileMaker
- MIT's license does not include FileMaker Go and WebDirect connections to FileMaker Server.
- FileMaker Pro 16 solutions only work with FileMaker versions 12 through 17.
- Solutions from FileMaker Pro 11 and earlier must be converted to the latest file format to be opened or shared with FileMaker Pro 16 and FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced.
Storing data and security in FileMaker
If not properly configured and housed, the FileMaker files you work with may be at risk for security breaches.