Thanks to all of the MIT students who entered Information Systems and Technology’s (IS&T) Back-to-School raffle this year.
592 students entered for a chance to win a great prize to celebrate the start of the new school year. We are pleased to announce that the winners are… (drum roll, please):
- Eddy Onyango 1st Prize (Sony WH-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Headphones)
- Eva Smerekanych 2rd Prize ($100 Amazon gift card)
- Miguel Talamantez 3rd Prize (Seagate One Touch 4TB External HDD)
- Sarah Aaronson 4th Prize (Ultimate Ears BOOM 3 Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker)
- Max Thomsen 5th Prize (CanaKit Raspberry Pi 4 Starter PRO Kit)
Congratulations to all of the winners! Check your MIT email for instructions from us about claiming your prize.
Because we MITers love numbers, here are a few raffle-related stats:
- 1,674 total entries were generated, an average of 2.8 entries per entrant.
- 54 students earned the maximum number of 10 entries.
The Class of 2025 had the most entrants of any class, including grad students. Here are the number of raffle entrants by class:
- 178 - Class of 2025
- 145 - 2024
- 124 - 2023
- 78 - 2022
- 67 - Graduate students
868 students were tagged by other students in raffle-related social media posts (students could be, and were, tagged more than once), the vast majority of it happening on Instagram. Here are the number of friends tagged by social media platform:
- 815 - Instagram
- 35 - Facebook
- 18 - Twitter
Thanks again to all who entered. Remember, if you have questions about anything IT-related at MIT, you can contact IS&T’s Service Desk for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Have a great year, everyone!