New and returning students are invited to meet with Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) representatives at two events to be held shortly after they arrive on campus for the fall semester. Each is a chance for students to get help with IT issues and learn more about computing resources at the Institute.
Tuesday, August 29, 2–3:30 pm, Johnson Ice Rink
Stop by IS&T’s table at the Academic Expo in the Johnson Ice Rink to ask any questions you might have about computing at MIT. IS&T representatives will be on hand to get you up and running with your computer, provide information on student job opportunities with IS&T, and give you some fun stuff!
Computing @ MIT Registration Day Event
Tuesday, September 5, 10 am–4 pm, Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center Lobby
New freshmen, returning students, and all members of the MIT community are invited to come to our Computing @ MIT event in the lobby of the Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center (AKA, the Z Center). Bring your laptop, and take advantage of the many services IS&T will be offering:
- IS&T staff members and representatives from STOPTheft will be there to tag your laptop and/or tablet to deter thieves from stealing your device.
- Members of our Service Desk and Security Team will be available to help you get all of the best antivirus and backup software installed on your device.
- Come learn about Duo two-factor authorization and grab a YubiKey as a backup authentication device.
- Have any questions about networking on campus, wireless printing, or what other free services and software we have to offer? Stop by our Service Desk table and ask away!
- BeaverTech reps will be on hand to chat about student employment opportunities with IS&T beginning in the fall term! We will pay you to learn things and solve problems!
Free Free Free! Candy, swag and a raffle for all MIT students!
Come to either our Academic Expo table on August 29 or our Computing @ MIT Registration Day event on September 5 and get lots of free stuff! We will be giving away nifty IS&T swag bags for you to rock around campus, complete with fun (and useful) things inside – including your own IS&T fidget spinner.
There are many ways for MIT students to earn entries; the more entries you get, the greater your chances to win!
- Follow IS&T on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, or Instagram, and then send us your Kerberos ID to get an entry.
- Stop by our table at the Academic Expo and grab a swag bag – select bags will have a special card that you can bring to our Computing @ MIT event on September 5 and redeem for an extra entry.
- Come to our Computing @ MIT event and grab a checklist at our welcome desk. As you visit each table, have an IS&T staffer mark it off with a sticker. Turn the card in at the welcome desk when you’re done and every sticker will be an additional entry.
- Selfie time! Either post a selfie from the Computing @ MIT event to us on Snapchat using our custom Computing @ MIT Snapchat filter available that day OR take a selfie with our paper-poster version of the filter at the event and post it to us on any of our other social media channels. Each student can earn one entry by posting a selfie.
Raffle winners will be announced on our website and our social media accounts on Friday, September 8. Be sure to visit the site and follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest news from IS&T.
* IS&T raffle is open to all MIT students who will be enrolled on September 5, 2017, excluding those who work for IS&T.