New and returning students are invited to meet with Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) representatives at two events to be held shortly after they arrive on campus for the fall semester. Each is a chance for students to get help with IT issues and learn more about IT resources at the Institute.
Wednesday, August 28, 3 - 4:30 p.m., Johnson Ice Rink
Stop by IS&T’s table at the Academic Expo in the Johnson Ice Rink to ask any questions you might have about IT at MIT. IS&T representatives will be on hand to get you up and running with your computer, provide information on student job opportunities with IS&T, and to hand out free swag bags.
IT @ MIT
Tuesday, September 3, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center Lobby
New students, returning students, and all members of the MIT community are invited to come to our IT @ MIT event in the lobby of the Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center (AKA, the Z Center) on Registration Day. Bring your laptop and/or tablet and take advantage of the many free services IS&T will be offering:
- IS&T staff members and representatives from STOP (Security Tracking of Office Property) will be there to tag your laptop and/or tablet to deter thieves from stealing your device.
- Members of our Service Desk and Security Team will be available to help you get all of the best anti-virus, endpoint protection, and backup software installed on your device.
- Come learn about Duo two-factor authorization and grab a YubiKey as a backup authentication device.
- Have any questions about networking on campus, wireless printing, or what other free services and software we have to offer? Stop by and ask away!
Free, free, free: Candy, swag, and a raffle for all MIT students
Come to either our Academic Expo table on August 28 or our IT @ MIT event on September 4 and get lots of free stuff. We'll be giving away nifty IS&T swag bags for you to rock around campus, which will be chock full of useful things and information.
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker II
- $100 Uber Eats Gift Card
- Adafruit Circuit Playground Express Advanced Pack
There are many ways for MIT students to earn entries; the more entries you get, the greater your chances to win:
- Follow IS&T on Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, or Instagram, and then send us your Kerberos ID to get an entry. You'll get one entry per social media platform.
- Come to our IT @ MIT event on September 3 and grab a checklist at our welcome desk. As you visit each table, have an IS&T staffer mark it as completed with a sticker. Turn in your card at the welcome desk when you’re done and every sticker will be an additional entry.
- Selfie time! Snap us a selfie with your Kerberos ID from the IT @ MIT event using our custom Snapchat event geofilter available that day. Each student earns one entry by posting a selfie.
Raffle winners will be announced on our website and our social media accounts on Friday, September 6. Be sure to visit the site and follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest news from IS&T.
* Raffle eligibility: The IS&T raffle is open to all MIT students who will be enrolled on September 3, 2019.