TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) lets you back up and restore files to and from your server machine, over the MIT network or via the Internet, to a secure server that IS&T manages.
TSM accepts new registrations for server machine backups only. To back up your desktop or laptop, download and register for a CrashPlan account.
How to Obtain
- IS&T offers a TAR file containing RPMs provided by IBM. At a minimum you will need to install the gskcrypt64, gskssl64, TIVsm-API64, and TIVsm-BA RPMs.
- If you are running a Debian- or Ubuntu- (or derivative) based distribution (including Debathena), see: TSM 7.1 for Ubuntu.
- Register for a TSM account
- Installation instructions
- Uninstall instructions
- Basic configuration instructions
- Advanced configuration instructions
- Computer/processor: Systems based on the X86 64bit processor architecture such as Intel-64 or AMD64
Operating systems supported by IBM
- SLES 12
- SLES 11 (including SLES 11 level in Novell OES 11 and OES 2015 details)
- SLED 11
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for Servers (beginning with 7.1.1 backup-archive client)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Desktop (beginning with 7.1.1 backup-archive client)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 for Servers
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 for Servers
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop
- Memory: No additional RAM is required for product installation. RAM requirements for running the product vary widely and depend on your environment, configuration, and tasks that you perform. Additional RAM might be required to run the product.
- Disk space: 1.5 GB disk space is required to install the client, and all language packs.
- Additional requirements: