TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) lets you back up and restore files to and from your server machine, over the MIT network or via the Internet, to a secure server that IS&T manages.
How to Obtain
TSM 184.108.40.206 is available to MIT students, faculty, and staff for use on server machines only.
TSM accepts new registrations for server machine backups only. To back up your desktop or laptop, download and register for a CrashPlan account.
- TSM 7.1 for Windows: Installation
- TSM 7.1 for Windows: Configuration
- TSM 7.1 for Windows: Upgrade from a previous version
- TSM 7.x for Windows: First-time login
- TSM 7.x for Windows: Set up and confirm scheduled backups
- TSM 7.x for Windows: Back up files and folder manually
- TSM 7.x for Windows: Restore files and folders
- TSM for Windows: FAQ
- TSM in the Knowledge Base
- TSM Policies
- Backup at MIT
- Encryption within TSM
- TSM at MIT: Security notes
- Learn about the MIT backup service
- Register for a TSM account
- Update Your TSM information
- Operating system: Windows 2008 server; Windows 7 and 8
- Memory: 128 MB
- Disk space: 100 MB
- Additional requirements: