Important: On August 14, 2014, IS&T ended support for for Kerberized FTP on the Athena Dialup Servers (athena.dialup.mit.edu and ftp.dialup.mit.edu). All file transfers to Athena must now use the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Attempting to connect via Kerberized FTP will result in a "Connection refused" error. Learn more.
Insecure connections are not allowed on MITnet. You must transfer your files securely over the MIT network using a secure file transfer method. The secure file transfer programs supported at MIT include features like password encryption, which protects your password from being intercepted and abused by hackers on the Internet.
- Get a Kerberos (Athena) Account
- Get connected to MITnet and the internet
- Get software: Mac: Fetch | Windows: SecureCRT/FX
Transferring files securely
- Macintosh: Using Fetch at MIT
- Windows: SecureFX Quick Start Guide
- Athena: SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)