ESRI is licensed for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students on both MIT-owned and personally-owned machines for use in education and research.
- Students may install the software on a personal machine only if it is under control of a license-managed, MIT-owned server.
- MIT's agreement specifically prohibits all administrative use of ArcPad software and the Tele Atlas data that comes with ArcLogistics software.
How to Obtain
- ArcGIS & ArcGIS Pro: Once the software is installed you will need to designate the license server as: license-7.mit.edu.
Download (MIT certificate required)
ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 .iso - 6.66 GB
- ArcGIS Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit) .exe - 327.65 MB
- Desktop Tutorial Data 10.5.1 .exe - 1.77 GB
- CityEngine 2017
- Data and Maps 2016 for ArcGIS .iso - 4.24 GB
- Esri Production Mapping 10.5.1
ArcGIS Pro 2.0
- ArcGIS Pro 2 .iso - 3.07 GB
ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) (ArcGIS/ArcMAP) enables users to visualize and analyze spatial information in a dynamic, digital environment. It provides tools for integrating, querying, and analyzing a wide variety of data types, such as scientific and cultural data, satellite imagery, and aerial photography, as well as data collected by individuals, into projects, with geographic locations providing the integral link between all the data.
- Technical questions should be directed to the GIS Libraries: email@example.com.