ESRI is licensed for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students on both MIT-owned and personally-owned machines for use in education and research.
- Students may install the software on a personal machine only if it is under control of a license-managed, MIT-owned server.
- MIT's agreement specifically prohibits all administrative use of ArcPad software and the Tele Atlas data that comes with ArcLogistics software.
How to Obtain
- ArcGIS 10.5 and 10.4: Once the software is installed you will need to designate the license server as: license-7.mit.edu.
- ArcGIS Pro: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a license.
Download (MIT certificate required)
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 .iso - 6.66 GB
- CityEngine 2016 .exe - 448.3 MB
- Esri Boundary Layers (North America) 2015 .sd - 153.3 MB
- Esri Boundary Layers (World) 2015 .sd - 43.5 MB
Desktop 10.5 Mapping and Charting Solutions .exe - 626.1 MB
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry 10.5
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting 10.5
- Esri Production Mapping 10.5
ArcGIS Pro 1.4
- ArcGIS Pro 1.4 .iso - 2.97 GB
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1 .iso - 6.46 GB
- Desktop Tutorial Data 10.4 .exe - 1.77 GB
- Desktop 10.4 Mapping and Charting Solutions .exe - 634.4 MB
- Data and Maps 2015 for ArcGIS .iso - 4.2 GB
ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) (ArcGIS/ArcMAP) enables users to visualize and analyze spatial information in a dynamic, digital environment. It provides tools for integrating, querying, and analyzing a wide variety of data types, such as scientific and cultural data, satellite imagery, and aerial photography, as well as data collected by individuals, into projects, with geographic locations providing the integral link between all the data.
- Technical questions should be directed to the GIS Libraries: email@example.com.