- Oracle Client Core: If you have an old version of Oracle on your system, use the Oracle Uninstaller before installing the newest version.
- MIT CA and Personal Certificates
There is no desktop version of BrioQuery for Macintosh OS X users. Macintosh OS X users have two options for using BrioQuery:
- In a virtual machine on their computers: Users will need to install VMWare Fusion and then install Windows, the Oracle 9i Client, and BrioQuery, also all available on the IS&T software download page. Then follow the instructions for Windows PCs below to download and run canned warehouse reports.
- Via Citrix: Instructions for using BrioQuery 6.x via Citrix
- Your Kerberos username
- A Data Warehouse password: You must set this online.
All MIT employees with Kerberos usernames automatically have access to all public data in the Data Warehouse. For access to non-public data, you will need to request authorization. You will be granted the same reporting access in the Warehouse that you have in other Roles Database applications like SAP, HR, MITSIS, and EH&S.
For more information on using BrioQuery to access information in the Data Warehouse, see the BrioQuery Guide.
Many standard reports have been prepared and made available to help users access the Data Warehouse. Reports are organized by business area and can be found on the main Data Warehouse at MIT page. These reports do not contain data. They are pre-formatted templates that have been created using BrioQuery.
Each template contains at least one fully formatted report that can be viewed, modified, and printed. You don't have to learn BrioQuery features and commands to construct reports on your own: Launch BrioQuery and use the Process command. You will be prompted for additional information needed to generate your data.
For more information, see Instructions for Downloading and Processing BrioQuery Reports.
- General help using the Data Warehouse or BrioQuery: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about access to the Data Warehouse: email@example.com
Hands-on training classes are offered by IS&T. You can sign up for hands-on classes via Atlas on the Self-Service tab.
The Data Warehouse staff offers specialized courses in BrioQuery reporting. These classes are available on an as-needed basis and are customized for your particular area. Contact us (x3-5398) for more details.
The Data Warehouse staff is also available for one-on-one consultations, in cases where your questions might not be answered in the course of a user group meeting, or where special attention is needed. Contact us to make arrangements.
Data Warehouse/BrioQuery User Group
Meets most Thursdays starting at 1:30 pm in NE49-3rd Floor (Little Cayman room). Data Warehouse staff members are available for hands-on help during this time. You are welcome to drop by to discuss problems you might be having with a query--just bring along a memory stick or CD. You can also share information and tips with other BrioQuery users.
If you would like to attend a scheduled user group but don't think you will arrive before 2 PM, contact us and we will wait for you or make other arrangements to assist you.