CertAid is available for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students.
How to Obtain
- Mac download
On Windows 10, use Firefox or Chrome to download CertAid. There is a known issue with Internet Explorer.
CertAid for Windows now includes an option to subscribe (unsubscribe) to MIT WAUS service.
- The MIT Certificate Tool for Windows is not needed for win.mit.edu domain users.
- When you select Change Settings for All Users > Configure Internet Options, CertAid automatically subscribes your machine to use MIT Auto Update Service.
After lauching CertAid, click through the screens to install or renew your certificates, and/or to update your identity preferences.
The setup procedure includes installing the MIT CA as well as your personal certificate, optionally deleting old certificates, and setting the correct security settings via a single, graphical application. If you need to retain access to old certificates, choose "No" when asked to delete them.
- Mac installation and managing certificates
CertAid for Windows requires that .NET 4.0 or higher be installed on your machine. You will need to update your system to the latest Microsoft security patch/update prior to installing CertAid.
- CertAid Landing Page in the Knowledge Base
CertAid manages the entire certificate setup procedure, giving users a more reliable installation experience.
- Windows 7/8/8.1
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.7 or later
CertAid for Windows version 2.2: