Kerberos for Windows (KfW) 4.0.x is available for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students.
How to Obtain
If you are unsure which version you are running, find out here.
- Screen reading software (such as JAWS) does not read menus and will be fixed in a forthcoming release.
- When upgrading from KfW 3.2, the krb5.ini file is archived as krb-ini-prekfw4 and is stored in the Windows folder. A new krb5.ini is created by the installer. If the previous krb5.ini contained realms other than ATHENA.MIT.EDU, WIN.MIT.EDU, and CSAIL.MIT.EDU, they will need to be manually added to the new krb5.ini.
- When you change your password, MIT Kerberos for Windows does not confirm that the change has been completed.
MIT Kerberos for Windows (KfW) 4.0.x is an integrated Kerberos release for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Processor: Windows-based PC
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, and 7
- Disk space: 12 MB