Mathematica is licensed for Institute use by MIT students, faculty, and staff on MIT-owned and personal machines.
Note: Lincoln Laboratory and Whitehead Institute staff are not covered by MIT's license.
How to Obtain
Licensing and download
Create a Wolfram account (if you don't already have one):
- Go to http://user.wolfram.com and click Create Account.
- Fill out the form using an @mit.edu email, and click Create Wolfram ID.
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID.
Request the download and key (MIT certificate required)
- Student request access to Mathematica Online
- Faculty & Staff request access to Mathematica Online
- Go to https://www.wolframcloud.com.
- Click on Mathematica Online.
- Log in using your Wolfram ID.
Mathematica Online brings the Mathematica computation system to the modern cloud environment. Mathematica interactive notebooks work directly in your web browser - with no installation or configuration required - and seamlessly share documents and resources in the cloud. You can go to any web browser and immediately compute with Mathematica or read, author, or interact with any Mathematica notebook or CDF document.