PyMOL is licensed to MIT for educational and academic research use by MIT faculty, staff, and students.
How to obtain
Download (MIT certificate required)
- PyMOL: Mac installer
- PyMOL syspython: Mac installer
- PyMOL alternate build using system Python, system libraries: Mac installer
- PyMOL: Windows 32-bit installer
- AxPyMOL: Windows 32-bit installer (requires 32-bit Microsoft Office)
- AxPyMOL Reader: Windows 32-bit installer
- PyMOL: Windows 64-bit installer
- AxPyMOL: Windows 64-bit installer (requires 64-bit Microsoft Office)
- AxPyMOL Reader: Windows 64-bit installer
- PyMOL: Support page
- PyMOL: Wiki: User-maintained knowledge base containing helpful information, including tutorials, scripts, and FAQs.
- PyMOL: Users mailing list
Tutorials (MIT certificate required)
- Tutorial: Introduction to PyMOL
- Tutorial: Intermediate PyMOL
- Moviemaking in PyMOL
- Tutorial: Molecular Editing and Small Molecule Cleanup
Documentation (MIT certificate required)
PyMOL is a powerful and comprehensive molecular visualization product for rendering and animating 3D molecular structures.
- View 3D molecular structures
- Render figures artistically
- Animate molecules dynamically
- Export PyMOL geometry
- AxPyMOL: A plug-In for embedding 3D images and animations into Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- More on PyMOL
All support inquiries should contact the IS&T Service Desk -- they they will escalate your issue to the Schrodinger support team.