This is a preconfigured Windows 10 virtual machine created by IS&T in August 2019 and is designed for use only by MIT students that need to access SOLIDWORKS 2019.
How to obtain
Download (MIT certificate required)
Download the Virtual Machine (2019)
Note: The VM download file size is approximately 12 GB.
- Introduction to the Virtual Machine for Educational Use
- IS&T Preconfigured Virtual Machines: Known Issues
- Pharos Printing
- Q: How do I increase the RAM in my virtual machine?
- VMware Printing
- Virtualization Landing Page in the Knowledge Base
- Virtualization at MIT
- Important data should NOT be stored within the VM. There is no good mechanism for backing up data stored in the VM itself as standard troubleshooting practices will include downloading a new copy of the Virtual Machine.
- Firefox should only be used for accessing web sites that require Windows-specific software, not for general purpose web browsing.
This is a preconfigured Windows virtual machine created by IS&T and designed for MIT students to access SOLIDWORKS 2018 Student Edition.
Educational/academic applications included:
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 Student Edition
- Google Chrome
- Disk space: 12 GB to download, 30+ GB to extract and use
- Software: VMware Fusion or VMware Workstation
- IS&T can only provide full support for the process of obtaining certificates in Firefox.
- All other applications included with the VM are provided on an "as-is" basis.
- Dassault provides technical support for all student versions of SOLIDWORKS.