ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) (ArcGIS/ArcMAP) enables users to visualize and analyze large amounts of spatial information in a dynamic, digital environment. It provides tools for integrating, querying, and analyzing a wide variety of data types, such as scientific and cultural data, satellite imagery, and aerial photography–as well as data collected by individuals–into projects, with geographic locations providing the integral link between all the data. Learn more.
How to Obtain
ESRI is licensed for use by MIT faculty, staff, and students on both MIT-owned and personally-owned machines for use in education and research.
- Students may install the software on a personal machine and activate it via a license-managed, MIT-owned server.
- MIT's agreement specifically prohibits all administrative use of ArcPad software and the Tele Atlas data that comes with ArcLogistics software.
- ArcGIS: Once the software is installed you will need to designate the license server as: license-7.mit.edu.
- ArcGIS Pro
Download (MIT certificate required)
ArcGIS (ArcMap) 10.8.2
- ArcGIS (ArcMap) Desktop 10.8.2 .iso - 7.40 GB
- CityEngine 2022.0
- ArcGIS Data and Maps 2021 .iso - 4.15 GB
- ArcGIS Mapping and Charting Solutions for Desktop 10.8.2 .exe - 758.54 MB
- Desktop Tutorial Data 10.8 .exe - 1.77 GB
ArcGIS Pro 3.0