LabVIEW is a graphical programming platform that helps engineers scale from design to test and from small to large systems. It integrates with existing legacy software, IP, and hardware while capitalizing on the latest computing technologies. LabView allows for prototyping with Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology and easily lets you automate any stand-alone instrument. Learn more.
How to Obtain
LabVIEW is licensed for use by current MIT faculty, staff, and students.
Serial numbers for Windows installation (MIT certificate required):
- Student serial number for use on personal machines
- Faculty and staff serial number for use on MIT-owned or personal machines
Windows download for both LabVIEW and the desired toolkits/modules from National Instruments (NI)
Many downloads include a downloader application to increase the transfer speed of the software and the ability to resume a download if interrupted. After the file is installed, your software download begins. Additional information can be found in the MIT Knowledge Base
- Mac download (MIT certificate required)
- Linux download (MIT certificate required)
- Athena access
- Self-paced online training from National Instruments (NI) (requires previous LabVIEW installation)