LastPass is a password management system that removes the inconvenience of remembering all of your passwords and increases security.
Students, Faculty, Staff, Affiliates
Benefits and key features
- Access data and passwords via Windows, Mac OS X, and mobile native clients, as well as any web browser
- Convenient solution for the password problem of teams
- Unlocks features such as shared password folders with customized permissions and secure notes for digital recordkeeping
- An active Kerberos username and password and/or MIT certificate
- Makes use of Duo Two-Factor Authentication which helps keep your LastPass account secure, even if an attacker obtains your LastPass master password
- Before registering: Read the KB article: How Do I Sign Up for MIT’s LastPass Service? to find registration instructions and know what to be aware of when using this service.
- After you have read the article, visit the LastPass registration portal to activate your account.
- LastPass in the Knowledge Base