Mathematica is licensed for use by MIT students, faculty, and staff on MIT-owned and personal machines.
Note: Lincoln Lab and the Whitehead Institute employees are not covered by MIT's license.
How to Obtain
Licensing and Download (MIT certificate required)
Use your mit.edu email address to request a current activation key from the Wolfram website via the link below.
- Faculty & Staff Mathematica license and downloads
- Faculty & Staff request access to webMathematica Amateur
- Faculty & Staff request access to the Wolfram Lightweight Grid Manager
- After contacting Wolfram for a license you will receive an email from Wolfram on how to obtain and activate the software.
- Install Mathematica to run off the Central (Athena) license server (for faculty and staff use).
Mathematica provides a single integrated, continually expanding system that covers the breadth and depth of technical computing—and with Mathematica Online, it is now seamlessly available in the cloud through any web browser, as well as natively on all modern desktop systems.