Spectrum Protect (formerly TSM "Tivoli Storage Manager") lets you back up and restore files to and from your server machine, or over the MIT network, to a secure server that IS&T manages.
How to Obtain
Spectrum Protect is available to MIT students, faculty, and staff for use on server machines only.
Spectrum Protect accepts new registrations for server machine backups only. To back up your desktop or laptop, download and register for a CrashPlan account.
Register for a Spectrum Protect account
An email will be sent to you with your nodename, password, and server address. These three items are needed when installing the software.
- Set up and confirm scheduled backups
Spectrum Protect 8.1 is a backup/archive client from IBM.
- Windows 2019 server (Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) product's are supported by IBM)
- Windows 2016 server (Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) product's are supported by IBM)
- Windows 2012 server
- Windows 2012 R2 server
- Windows 10 (Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) product's are supported by IBM)
- Windows 8.1
- Memory: 128 MB Random-Access Memory (RAM) required to install the client. Using the web user interface requires minimum 4 GB RAM (preferred 8 GB RAM).
- Disk space: 1.5 GB disk space required to install the client. Using the web user interface requires minimum 4.4 GB disk space (preferred 9 GB disk space).
- Additional requirements: