Tecplot 360 is numerical simulation and CFD visualization software that combines vital engineering plotting with advanced data visualization.
How to Obtain
Important: Tecplot licensing distribution has changed. All licenses now activate through IS&T's Network license server via MITnet. If a user is off-campus, they must be continually connected to the MITnet via the Prisma Access GlobalProtect VPN client or have a Roaming license (see Installation below). Activation keys are not available.
Tecplot is licensed to faculty, staff, and students for use on personal and institute-owned machines on the main MIT campus only. Our site license also includes Tecplot Chorus, (now included with Tecplot, Linux and Windows) and Tecplot RS.
- Any copies of the software installed on personally-owned machines must be deleted when users graduate or are no longer employed by MIT.
- Whitehead and Lincoln Lab are not included in the site license.
- Set up an account on the Tecplot registration site with your @mit.edu email.
- Download Tecplot 360, or Tecplot RS from the vendor site.
- License server name and expiration date (MIT Certificate required)
- Tecplot support documentation
- Tecplot's Knowledge base
- Discussion forum
- IS&T offers limited support on a best-effort basis.